Thursday, September 6, 2012 – 1:30 to 3:00 PM
Web design is constantly evolving. One concept worth adapting is called RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN. It involves designing a website so that its presentation changes depending on the device.
- User Agent Switching
- Flexible Grid / Adaptive Images
- Media Queries
- Retina Display
- Icon Font
- More Information
- Attendance / Sign-in Sheet / password
- Survey Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced?
- Write & post, categorize & tag, new content, from time to time.
- Content consists of text, photos, and/or audio/visual media.
- Accept comments from visitors.
- Free Hosted Service, Themes, and Widgets
- Optimal Resource Utilization, Load Balancing
- Automatic Version Updating
- Host website on server of own choosing.
- Unlimited Customization, access to code.
- Maintenance Responsibility!
- Answers to Question:
- On a scale of ONE to TEN, how important is it for your website to “respond” to the device it is being viewed on?
- Name & Title
- Tell us about your experience with WordPress so far (.com / .org?)
- Where would you like to be with WordPress next month? … in the future?
In this meetup we’ll explore the strategy of progressive enhancement, giving priority to website accessibility on mobile devices; and then learn techniques to portray content on varied displays.