FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
- Attendance: / Sign-in Sheet / password to the workstation
- Survey 1: Macintosh, Windows, Unix?
- Survey 2: Freelance, Contractor, Startup Team Member, Corporate Employee?
- Survey 3: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced?
- Write & post, categorize & tag, fresh content, from time to time.
- Content consists of text, photos, and/or audio/visual media.
- Accept comments from visitors.
- Free Hosted Service, Themes, and Widgets
- Optimal Resource Utilization, Load Balancing
- Automatic Version Updating
- Host website on server of own choosing.
- Unlimited Customization, access to code.
- Maintenance is your own Responsibility!
- This Month’s Questions: Need help for yourself? Willing to help others?
- Name, Title, and Computer Background
- Tell us about your experience with WordPress so far.
- Where do you plan to go with WordPress?
ROLES: Editor • Author • Contributor
Author has not nearly the capability of an Editor, but much more than a Contributor. The role of Administrator, of course, is all encompassing for the site (and a SuperAdministrator is in charge of the multi-user network).
This set of task-limiting roles is also called Capabilities, and there are five built into WP.com by default.
** Content Management System (CMS) is a computer program that allows publishing, editing and modifying content on a website as well as maintenance from a central interface. Such systems provide procedures to manage workflow in a collaborative environment.